Monday 18 May 2015

Sunday 17th, a long and windy day. Monday 18th, almost a non starter!

Sunday, a long no stopping day.  Thankfully the wind wasn't always In my face!  No photos.  Arrived  in Glynia, wet.

This morning, still wet.  Off to the ferry ticket office and yep, I had to say it "A ticket for me and my bike to go to Hel please".  In the ticket office the guy looked glum, "The boat may not go, there are not enough people, we will decide at ten minutes to ten".

It was a non starter, there were three customers, me and two Nuns!  Honest!!

There were a couple of interesting boats about so .....

The Dar Mlodziezy, a sail training ship which has won many awards in The Tall Ships Race.

The Dar Mlodziezy.  I know its sunny blue sky weather, I came back later in the day.

The Dragon.  Takes tourists around the bay!

The difference a couple of hours can make!!

The Dar Pomdrza.  Retired from sail training and is now a museum, had its centenary in 2009.

I was away to the tourist office to sort out a bed for tonight and do some planning in case things turn pear shaped tomorrow.

Bed sorted and plan made I headed back to enjoy the sunshine which had broken through.

While wandering down to have a look at the beach.

The beach, a quiet day!

Enjoy the sun while its there.

The end of a house just up the road!
 
A long shot of the tall ships from a great viewpoint.
 
Same view, wide lens.  The tall blocks are the Ocean Towers.
 
I'm staying right over the club!!
 
A wee event right outside my window!
 
 
 

 
 
And she'd just come out of the Physiotherapy clinic behind the ambulance!!
 
Well, bed time and I'll see what tomorrow brings re trip to Hel.

No comments:

Post a Comment