Saturday 23 May 2015

Four days to catch up on, bit short on Wi-Fi out in the sticks!

Away from Jastarnia (I keep thinking there should be a wardrobe and a lion around with a name like that).  Great cycle track all the way to Wladyslawowo then a mixture of road and track.

A bit of cycle track on Hel.  The dark line on left skyline is the mainland, the main road is just behind the trees on right then a railway line and a couple of hundred metres of trees and dunes then the Baltic.

I was riding along the long skinny bit on the right.

There were school parties everywhere!  This lighthouse is on Cape Rozawie, the most northern location in Poland.

Riding through Karwia and spotted this!



The place was closed or I would have gone in to see what the connection was!!

My goal for the night was Debki, it involved a bit of a ride on a forest trail.

Nice track, unfortunately a grader had been through in the last few hours leaving a few hundred metres of nice soft sand!!

You couldn't even ride along the tyre tracks it was still too soft!  Ah well, keep pushing!

Eventually able to ride again and made it to Debki.  Aiming for Leba tomorrow, more forest trails!!

More sandy trail but able to ride a lot of the pine needle covered trail edge.

After three evenings of cup-a-soup and noodles I needed a bit of proper food, and a spot of something to wash it down with!

Anyway, I deserved a decent meal trying to ride some of this stuff!!

Leba came and went, more soup and noodles.  Next stop Kluki.

What a place to be stationed on forest fire watch!!

A bit of road riding came next but on very quiet country lanes.  My guide book said "After the bridge turn left on paved road to Kluki".  I still had about 8km to go and the paved road was two lines of slabs disappearing into the distance.  Not certain I was on the right road I was pedalling along in the middle of nowhere much.

I was more than pleased to find this sign, particularly as there was only 1.5km to go.

That's the "Paved road" I'd been following for the past 7km, not far now!

What's happened to my "Paved road"?



Well other bikes have gone this way!  Check the route description.  Ah, "After the wooden bridge the route into Kluki becomes a little indistinct and muddy in places".

Well you don't say!!!

Sense of humour wearing a bit thin by now!!!

Richly deserved!!

Typical of the old houses of the area.  The indigenous folk are Kasubian.

Coffee and cake, and they did Bed & Breakfast!





Ah well, time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment