Saturday 13 June 2015

Four days to catch up on now I'm back on line!

After setting off from Bad Segeberg there were some good bits and some not so good!  A great bike path took me over 20km before some smaller roads and dirt trails caused me a few problems.  A complete lack of signage saying what was where!  Plenty of bike signs with arrows pointing this way and that but some place names would have been a big help.  However after 108km of pedalling I arrived at Gluckstadt Youth Hostel.

A quick shot out of my bedroom window at Gluckstadt Hostel.

A nice spot, right by the harbour.

Tim Kaarsemaker from Amsterdam was billeted in the same dormitory and was cycling to Copenhagen.  He had recently completed his degree as a high school art teacher and needed some "bike time" after three months of sweating over a computer!!

A calm crossing over the Elbe.

Followed by a quiet ride to Otterendorf.



The Elbe, a couple of shots from the Dyke.

A few street scenes in Otterendorf.





A bronze of the Town Crier and audience.

Strudel and a coffee.  Well you have to try these things out!!

Breakfast was served in the Ratskeller below the Town Hall.

A view from the dyke while leaving Otterendorf on my way to Cuxhaven.  That there is the North Sea.

Miles of this and hundreds of those woolly things!

Lunch at Cuxhaven Camping Platz; Currywurst Nicer than it looks!!

On the way to Bremerhaven, I think it's the daughter of the lady I met on my North Sea bike ride.

A hazy view over a camp site towards Bremerhaven and the Weser.

This huge container port was under construction last time I was through here.

I managed to get a room at the Youth Hostel in Bremerhaven and this morning it was a ride through the city to the ferry over the Weser to Blexen.

Some of the modern architecture by the harbour.

The Weser.

A twelve minute crossing.

The first few splats of rain got me right by a bus shelter!!  Unfortunately the next lot got me a couple of kilometres from Varel!

Am warm and dry now though and heading towards Emden tomorrow.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment