Wednesday 3 June 2015

Bit of a push into the wind today ans was glad to see the signs for Warnemunde, target for today.

From Greiswald I've been using a motorist map which covered enough of the country to get me where I wanted to be; thankfully there was sufficient detail to avoid major roads which didn't permit cyclists!  On the other hand it didn't show all the very minor roads some of which I found myself on.  Intuitive navigation!  "It's this way I guess".  Anyway I got most of the guesses right, the bike got the others wrong.

 Gateway to Tribsees old town circa 1832

A chilly and empty old town square, Tribsees.

My gateway out of Tribsees.

Didn't find anywhere to stay so pressed on.  2km up the road a motel!

View from my bedroom window.

Breakfast and away at 0900 this morning.

A bike trail away from the road, sunshine and the scent of the blossom to speed me on my way.

A long shot of the village church and windmill before they were hidden by the trees.

A happy couple sat waiting for the bus!

Elevenses courtesy of NETTO; well the fruit must be healthy!

A Russian Sail Training Ship taken from the ferry to Warnemunde.  Warnermunde was my aim for the day, all I had to do was find the Jugendherberge and see if they had space for me!

On the ferry.

Part of the promenade, Warnermunde.

The busy part of the harbour.  fishing boats supplying all the restaurants along the waterfront.

Warnermunde is at the river mouth from Rostock, no time to visit though, I'm following the Ostsee Route to Lubeck for the next few days, so hopefully some views of the see rather than miles of Oil Seed Rape.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment