Saturday 4 May 2013

To The Ferry!

Tues 23rd: Bright and sunny but still that cold wind.  0615 breakfast to beat the bus load of Dutch students who were staying at the hostel.  0750 booked out of the hostel and a short walk got me down to the riverside, mount up and a steady pedal through the commuter cyclists and I was at The Hub; I'd spotted it on my early morning ride into the city and figured on having my second breakfast there.

At the Hub


I arrived about fifteen minutes before opening and thought I'd take a nice pic of the bike under the logo 'It's all about the bike", pic taken I was gearing up for a bacon roll when a Saddleskedaddle vehicle arrived, the guy strolled over and we chatted a bit about the loaded bike, he kindly offered to take a pic or two with me on.  A short while later sat with coffee and half devoured bacon sandwich and a young fellow joined me to say his boss had had a look at the blog and would like to link to it on their web site!
Orders Placed
Breakfast















Finish the buttie and coffee, out for a couple more photos then I was on my way dodging some of the broken glass on the Hadrian's Wall Way leading to the Ferry Terminal.
Waiting, coffee, more waiting, more coffee, eventually waiting outside!  Seven cyclists to load!  Soon sorted and into the cabin, bike shoes off, shower and find a comfy spot to watch the boat leaving the Tyne.

Next stop The Netherlands!!


After the waiting, the leaving! A ferry's eye view of where I'd ridden past  two nights before

Bikes ready for the off

No comments:

Post a Comment