Saturday 11 May 2013

Germany 2

Friday 3rd May.  The Grimersum saga continues:  Forgot to mention that on the Thursday evening I asked about internet access, Charlotte, Mica's 12year old granddaughter was visiting and was the computer guru.  I fired up my tablet and went to log on; ok, can you tell me your log on code please?  Consternation!  I said "It's usually on the back of your Wi-fi transmitter thingy!  That item was fixed to the wall and I wasn't about to start with screwdrivers, in the end I was given the loan of their lap top for the evening!!
Back to Friday, I'd decided to have a day off, do some washing and give the bike a clean up and a squirt of WD40, plus I was going to force myself to have a sit in the sun!!
That evening I was asked to come over at 1900, I was ushered in and offered a huge leather armchair by the most enormous open fire place with log fire blazing away.
Gerhard, Mica's husband had been a farmer but had made over the farm to their son, Gerhard now sold farming assurance.  He proudly showed me a wine decanter and beautiful tray of goblets which had been presented to him as the best breeder of cattle in the area.  The trophy display was closely followed by the offer of a drink, it would have been rude to refuse and anyway this was something special!  Gerhard's own invention!  Dark rum, the following fruit as it came into season, strawberry, cherry, red and black currants and sugar.  The brew is left steeping away until Christmas!!  I think Grehard said he'd got 25ltrs stored away!!
Saturday 4th May.  I was aiming to be away by 0800 and had just about eaten what bits of food I had left when there was a knok on the door, Gerhard handed me a bag with two fresh, warm bread rolls in it! What a star!!  I had some spread left and there was still some jam left in the pot!  With rolls eaten and goodbyes said I was still away by 0805.

A few pics en route, was aiming initially for Dornumersiel and got there in very good time, so on to Benersiel, again in good time so ccontinued to a JDH hostel at Neuharlingersiel.  Nice easy riding mostly a following wind.  (62k)

Sunday 5th May.  Neuharlingersiel - Wilhelmshaven.  On to the coast trail again and through a few resorts on the way.  Wing generally ok, hot and sunny!!  Wilhelmshaven, no hostel, no camping and no B&B.  Finished up in Hotel Schwartz!  The Black Hotel was about right!!  (62.8k).

More windmills



Is that all there is for lunch!?!



Harbour at Neuharingersiel


On route to Wilelmshaven



The sheep...topping up for dumping on the bike track



Windproof sheltered seating for rent!!

Plush holiday accommodation

Small river harbour on way to Wilhelmshaven

And another!!

A pleasant sunny spot to sit in by the river with a beer
and watch the world go by!!















No comments:

Post a Comment