Wednesday 10 April 2013

Wednesday and wet!

All set for an 0800 start on the 8th, came out to get the bike out of he shed and was surprised to find a number of Ladies from the Elgin and District Cancer Support Group complete with CLAN balloons all ready to ambush me and tie the balloons to my rucksack and bike before wishing me well and waving me off.  Was ambushed again at Elgin by Gillian and Jim on behalf of the local Parkinson's Support Group.

Zooming doon Brumley Bray into ambush, balloons and all.














 

Gillian with promo literature promising not to tie more balloons to me or the bike!












Weather been biggest problem so far.  Day 1, bitterly cold E wind, along with some mini blizzards.  Day 2, some sunny spells still with bitter E wind and occasional snow flurry.  Today was ok for starters, a bit of sunshine, wind a tad warmer, by noon overcast, temperature down by a bunch of degrees and starting to precipitate!  Jim, who had driven out to join me for the day, was a star and insisted on buying lunch; I'd been whinging all morning on the dearth of bacon roll shops along the route so lunch was the only thing possible in the circumstances; an all day breakfast!!

The forecast appears to be marginally better tomorrow so now confident of  getting to Edinburgh Friday eve.                    

More pics to download but will get that sorted, just wanted to get this off.

2 comments:

  1. It's all downhill from Burghead to Edinburgh surely?! ;)

    I have some dry and warmer weather on order for you, I'll bring it over to Fife with me on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are all sending our best wishes from the Tuesday EDCSG meeting and hope you got some of our sunshine weather today.

    ReplyDelete