Saturday 5 May 2012

Nearly up to date!

Tuesday last week, time for my third quarterly hormone implant.  Also, after a bit of negotiation with the practice nurse I got her to do my PSA at the same time, both are done every twelve weeks so it seemed to make sense to bring the PSA test forward a week or so to get it and the implant both done at the same time.  Next time I collect the hormone stuff (it comes in a fancy pre-loaded syringe) from the pharmacy I must check out the needle gauge, the first two doses were not too bad but the last one felt like a blunt piece of drainpipe being stuck in, it's probably something like a 16 or 18g and I was just being wimpish!  The Bothy is right next door to the Doc's so I felt I had to do a quality control test on a cappuccino, and then I had to have a cake to soak up the coffee!!
Wednesday and eighth spinning session.  The bus gets me to the leisure centre about 45minutes before the geriatric's session starts, so it's possible to sit in the cafe and watch the earlier class still pounding away on the bikes.  Lycra must have some sort of special magnetic qualities because I found it difficult to pull my eyes away from a couple of young things bouncing away on the pedals!!! (it must be something to do with the medication!!).  11:15, we geriatric spinners start our three quarters of an hour of graft!  The beat of the music definitely helps, a mix of 70's and 80's tunes to work up a sweat and get the cardiovascular system up and running.  Two more weeks and hopefully it will be settled weather to get out on the trails through the local woods rather than be working up a sweat indoors.
Off to Glenmore Lodge on Friday, more later.


No comments:

Post a Comment